The Ultimate SEO FAQ
Table of Contents
What is SEO Optimization
How to SEO a Website?
Here is how to do SEO for a website step by step:
- Understand your goals
- Understand your target audience
- Create a strategy
- Perform in-depth SEO audits of already existing websites
- Ensure that your website meets all technical requirements
- Improve user experience
- Conduct ongoing on page and off page SEO
- If your website has a physical address, you need local SEO as well
How to Do SEO?
You have two or three options to do your SEO:
- Learn SEO from scratch and do it yourself
- Hire a professional and trustworthy agency
- Hire a freelancer
How to Start SEO or How to Do SEO on Your Own?
An SEO campaign is a data-based, long-term strategy that’s designed to grow your website’s organic traffic and conversions.
You can do an SEO on your own if you follow the below mentioned steps:
- Take a course
- Read informative articles and guides
- Try what you have learned on your own website
- Follow the latest news and updates
But understand what your goal is. Do you want to become an SEO specialist or do you want to do it for your own business? Because if it’s the latest, you are going to fail as you can’t manage a business and try to do your SEO, SMM, branding, accounting, HR, etc all by yourself to save money.
What is an SEO Strategy?
An SEO strategy is a detailed and step by step plan of action intended to increase a website’s SERP rankings to grow the organic traffic. The full SEO strategy includes:
- Technical SEO strategy
- On site SEO strategy
- Off site SEO strategy
- Local SEO strategy
- Competitors research
What is Black Hat SEO?
Some black hat SEO examples are:
- Keyword staffing
- Link cloaking
- Doorway pages
- Using link farms
- Buying bulk backlinks
What is White Hat SEO?
How Important is SEO
What Does SEO Do for Your Website?
Why Does Your Business Need SEO?
Your business needs SEO because:
- It raises your brand awareness and credibility
- It increases your business’s authoritiness and trustworthiness
- It enhances other marketing channels efforts
- It raises your website’s visibility and helps to reach more people
- It helps your website to rank better
- It drives high quality targeted traffic
- It has a higher ROI
- It helps to understand your customers and their search intent
- It helps to research your competitors and stay a step ahead of them
- It has a lower customer acquisition cost
- It helps to follow your customers’ journey.
How to Improve SEO on Google?
There is a lot you can do to improve your website’s SEO rankings, and some of the steps you can take right away are:
- Find and fix technical issues
- Optimize for mobile
- Check internal and external broken links
- Audit your on-site content, repurpose the old content
- Write high-quality content and post constantly
- Check your website’s backlink profile and disavow spammy links.
How to Improve SEO?
If you want to improve your SEO, follow these tactics:
- Have a step by step SEO strategy
- Start with technical SEO by improving your website’s technical performance metrics
- Optimize for mobile-first
- Understand your audience and their search intent
- Improve your on-page SEO (image optimization, meta tags, internal linking, content clustering, etc)
- Create high-quality SEO optimized content
- Take advantage of local SEO
- Diversify the backlink portfolio
- Improve user experience.
What is Technical SEO
How Important is Technical SEO
What Does Technical SEO Include?
Technical SEO includes:
- JS optimization
- Core web vitals and website speed optimization
- XML sitemaps
- Mobile friendliness
- SSL and HTTPS
- Structured data markup
- Site architecture and navigation
- URL structure
- Robots.txt and meta robots
- Structured data
- Canonical tags
- 404 pages
- Redirects and redirect chains
- Setting up Google Analytics, Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, etc
- Cloaked links
- Indexation issues
- Duplicate content
- Crawl budget optimization
- And more.
How to Do Technical SEO?
How to Improve Technical SEO?
Technical SEO is an ongoing process that never stops. For constantly improving your website’s technical SEO, you should:
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly audits
- Check your website’s technical health both manually and with tools
- Following search engine algorithm updates and changes
- Use the free tools that search engines offer, like Google’s Developer Tools or Bing’s Webmaster Tools
- Check your website’s Google Analytics and Search Console data to detect any unusual incident, activity, loss of traffic, etc.
What is On-Page SEO
What is SEO Writing?
SEO writing is the process of:
- understanding your audience and their search intent
- performing keyword research based on your audience preferences and according to your business purpose
- creating high quality and informative content (including images, infographics, video and audio content) based on the above-mentioned steps.
What is SEO Copywriting?
How to Do Keyword Research for SEO?
For performing keyword research, you should follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Understand your target audience’s search intent
- Have a clear goal
- Choose the tools you want users to perform keyword research
- Don’t rely only on tools, search manually (check forums, Google trends, Social media, Q/A websites, etc)
- Clear your keyword research file from duplicate or not relevant keywords
- Group your keywords
- Use them according to your content strategy
How to Use Keywords in SEO?
First, you need to have your webpage’s or blog post’s structure and then start spreading the keywords on your page:
- Use your main keyword in your H1
- Use important keywords in your H2s and H3s
- Use the remaining keywords in your text
- Don’t stuff your page with keywords
How Do Blogs Help SEO?
Blogging helps to boost SEO efforts by:
- increasing your visibility
- showing your web page as a relevant answer
- creating different types of high quality content like visuals, video and audio content, statistics, etc
- targeting more relevant keywords
- building a strong backlink profile
- raising your website’s authority and trust
- increasing user engagement
- improving user experience
- easily reaching your targeted audience
- driving more traffic
- positioning your business as a professional
What is E-A-T?
What is Off-Page SEO
What is Off-page SEO?
Off-page or off-site SEO includes every effort that you do outside of your website to support your overall SEO strategy. Some off-page SEO examples are:
- Link building/ digital PR
- Press releases
- Answering questions in the forum, Q/A websites
- Participating into interviews
- Ask your customers to write reviews.
Why is Off Page SEO Important?
What are Backlinks in SEO?
What is Local SEO
How to Improve Local SEO?
Some actions for improving your local SEO rankings are:
- Optimizing GMB listing
- Constantly posting on GMB
- Check other search engines local business tools like Bing Places, Yahoo listings, etc
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews
- Add location pages to your website
- Get backlinks from the local websites
- Submit your website to local high-quality directories.
What are Local SEO Services?
What is Google My Business?
How Long Does It Take for SEO to Work
Why Does SEO Take So Long?
How to Measure SEO Performance
How to Track SEO Rankings?
For tracking your rankings you can check the SERP manually, analyze Google’s Search Console and Google Analytics results and use tools like:
- Or other tools.
How to Measure SEO Performance?
You can track your SEO progress and success by analyzing the following metrics:
- Keyword rankings
- Organic traffic
- Backlink profile
- Google Analytics metrics
- Technical SEO metrics
- On-site SEO metrics like content quality
- The chatter and the buzz around the brand
How to Test SEO?
- Perform in-depth SEO audit, including technical, on-page, off-page and local SEO
- Understand what works and what you want to change or improve
- Don’t make any changes to the tactics that already work, you don’t want to mess up with something that already drives results
- Clearly identify what you want to change, what is your goal and what is the action plan
- Don’t change everything at once, test a variable at a time to clearly understand the results
- Measure the performance and important metrics before starting your test
- Give the test enough time to show precise results
- After the end of the test measure the results and compare them with the initial performance metrics
- Implement changes based on the test results and move to the next variable
What Are SEO Services
What is SEO Consulting?
What do SEO Companies do?
What is SEO Audit Service?
An SEO audit service, performed by SEO agencies or freelancers, is the process of identifying your website’s issues. A professional and in depth audit detects the issues that may affect your SEO and offers a clear and step by step plan of actions to eliminate them and improve your website’s performance.
An SEO audit includes:
- Technical SEO
- On-page and website structure SEO audit
- Off-site and backlink profile audit
- Content opportunities analysis
- Competitors research
- Website traffic analysis
- Google Analytics and Search Console analysis
How to Find a Good SEO Consultant?
- Search LinkedIn and in your network
- Ask your friends, business partners or your LinkedIn network
- Look on Google, Bing, Yahoo or other search engines
- Review online directories
- Check social media groups
- Check “Top/Best SEO Consultants” articles
- Check hiring websites and job markets
How to Choose the Best SEO Company?
Here are some tips to choose the best SEO company:
- Choose the company that is honest with you from the very start and doesn’t offer immediate results
- Choose the company that doesn’t ask too much for their services or the one that offers far too low rates
- Check their website and see if their website is optimized, if they follow their advice or suggestions
- Check the company’s online presence, their social media channels, read their blog
- Check references and reviews
- Research the team behind
What to Look For in an SEO Company?
- Keeping up with the latest trends
- The knowledge of the upcoming changes
- The ability to adjust
- Passion for their work
- Willingness to do small favors
- Respect (it’s mutual)
- The ability to meet deadlines